Monday, November 7, 2016

Beers in Cambodia

In every place I am exploring, I see to it that I get a taste of their local beers or even beers famous in the area. Beers are like culture, you  need to understand and get a glimpse of them. Cambodia is home to several breweries. On my entire stay in Cambodia, I get the chance to try 3 of the best beers famous in Cambodia which local and tourist alike are enjoying. In general, beer is pretty much affordable in Cambodia.

#1 Anchor

  • Alcohol content: 5.0%
  • Type: Lager but served as Draft.
  • Ekoy's Rating: 3.0 out of 5 Pints
It was happy hour in Siem Reap's PUB STREET when I get a taste of this beer. A California made beer which is a modern craft-brewed lager. A bit light and sweet for me. Usually a Draught beer.

#2 Cambodia

  • Alcohol content: 5.0%
  • Type: Lager
  • Ekoy's Rating: 3.4 out of 5 Pints







A Cambodian beer, with light and a bit bitter after-taste beer. Probably a good choice after a long temple visit.



#3 Angkor

  • Alcohol content: 5.2% to 5.5%
  • Type: Lager
  • Ekoy's Rating: 4.3 out of 5 Pints




This beer was named after the iconic temple in Cambodia. It is proudly Cambodian beer. This has been tag as the country's national beer and is widely available across the country. A not so strong and not so sweet beer with  a right amount of aroma and a good aftertaste. Definitely, the best beer I tasted in Cambodia.


Have you tried Cambodian Beers? Share your experience in the comment section below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment